1/2 Photos of Gratin of Brussels Sprouts
From Ruth Van Waerebeek's "Everybody Eats Well in Belgium Cookbook." Delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly butter a medium-size gratin dish.
- 2In a small saucepan, simmer the cream over medium heat until it is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 10 minutes.
- 3Trim the base of the sprouts, discard the tough outer leaves, and rinse well. Place the sprouts in a medium-sized saucepan with salt and cold water to cover. Bring to boil and continue boiling for one minute. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 4Sauté the bacon in a small skillet until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and coarsely chop.
- 5Combine the sprouts and bacon in the buttered gratin dish and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour the cream over the top and sprinkle with the cheese.
- 6Bake until nicely browned and crispy on top, about 15 minutes. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gratin of Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.4
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 276.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g