Recipe by -GEORGE-
This recipe is easy to prepare and is great as an appetizer or as a light meal by itself. Presently the recipe is for 2 people but will easily double or triple for more people. The recipe comes from the cookbook "Les gratins de Christophe". Dont forget to serve with crusty bread and a nice glass of wine. Enjoy
- 2 ounces butter, soft
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- fine salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 1⁄2 ounces snails, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 230C or 450°F.
- Finely mince the parsley, garlic and shallot.
- Mix the butter, parsley, garlic and shallot together with a spatula until well combined and smooth.
- Spread the butter compound evenly between individual ceramic or metal ramikins.
- Arrange the snails on top of the butter in a single layer. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the snails until the butter is bubbling and the snails are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place the cheese over the top of the snails and continue baking until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.