Recipe by Geema
Sometimes less is more, and that is certainly true for these simple beets.
Top Review by TrySumthinNew
This recipe really brings out the awesome flavor of the fresh beets. It was absolutely delicious! I didn't expect a recipe with so few ingredients would result in such an amazing side dish.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel and coarsely grate beets.
- In a covered frying pan, melt butter then add the beets, stirring to coat with the butter.
- Squeeze some lemon juice to taste over the beets.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until beets are just tender.
- Check often to make sure beets are not burning, and add a few drops of water or broth to the pan to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs.