Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great picnic or lunch salad which is packed in a wide-mouth pint jar which holds two cups of salad - perfect for one person. It is versatile and easy to make ahead. It will keep for several days if the dressing is kept on the bottom of the jar and no really juicy veggies are used. Any veggies can be used but the juicy veggies will dilute the dressing if kept in the jar for long. Because the salad is in a glass jar with a lid, it will keep very fresh for several days if kept cold and the dressing is kept on the bottom of the jar. Each 2-cup jar serves one person so the salad can be custom made to include just those items each person likes.
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated on large holes of grater
- 1 yellow beet, peeled and grated on large holes of grater
- 1 red beet, peeled and grated on large holes of grater
- 1 stalk celery, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1⁄3 red pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄3 yellow pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 green pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mixed salad green
- 1 pinch fresh parsley
- 1 pinch of fresh mint
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, to taste
- Put as much Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing in the bottom of a 2-cup, wide-mouth jar as you would use to dress two cups of salad.
- Wash, peel, grate, and chop the fresh veggies and add to the jar. Do not shake the jar.
- When ready to eat, mix the dressing with the salad ingredients and eat from the jar or turn everything into a bowl to eat.