Recipe by Kathy(
I believe this recipe originated with The Vegetarian Bistro: 250 authentic French regional recipes by Marlena Spieler. I found it on a vegetarian web site, so I don't know how much it resembles the original recipe. Beet Salad aka Grated Beets with Sweet-Sour Mustard Dressing or Betteraves rapées dijonnaises.
- 8 ounces fresh beets
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Trim beets, but do not peel. Place in baking dish and bake 1 hour or until tender. Cool beets, then rub off peels. Discard peels.
- Grate the beets, mix with minced onion and set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and dijon mustard. Pour over beets.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Note: Prepare the day before so the flavors have time to blend.