1/1 Photo of Grated Beets With Sweet-Sour Mustard Dressing
1 hr 15 mins
Kathy at Food.com's Note:
I believe this recipe originated with The Vegetarian Bistro: 250 authentic French regional recipes by Marlena Spieler. I found it on a vegetarian web site, so I don't know how much it resembles the original recipe. Beet Salad aka Grated Beets with Sweet-Sour Mustard Dressing or Betteraves rapées dijonnaises.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Trim beets, but do not peel. Place in baking dish and bake 1 hour or until tender. Cool beets, then rub off peels. Discard peels.
- 3Grate the beets, mix with minced onion and set aside.
- 4Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and dijon mustard. Pour over beets.
- 5Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- 6Note: Prepare the day before so the flavors have time to blend.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grated Beets With Sweet-Sour Mustard Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g