Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious apple pie modernized by the use of a food processor to speed up the prep time. The pecans on top really make this pie special.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 4 cups coarsely grated peeled apples
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the apple and toss gently.
- Stir in the egg and butter.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle the top with the pecans.
- bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 and bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Serve plain or with ice cream.
It was really good, but, hold some of that butter!!! 14 tbls.is way too much. It gave me a belly ache. Only add half the butter. It was really greasy. Other than that it was good
This pie is fabulous! It reminds me of a pie I use to buy from an Amish family that sold baked goods in town up in PA where I use to visit every summer. Brings back fond memories!!! and wonderful flavors! :-) This is going to be one for the perm. file :-) Thanks geema!!