Recipe by Geema
A delicious apple pie modernized by the use of a food processor to speed up the prep time. The pecans on top really make this pie special.
Top Review by lavibubbles
It was really good, but, hold some of that butter!!! 14 tbls.is way too much. It gave me a belly ache. Only add half the butter. It was really greasy. Other than that it was good
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 4 cups coarsely grated peeled apples
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the apple and toss gently.
- Stir in the egg and butter.
- Spoon mixture into pastry shell and sprinkle the top with the pecans.
- bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 350 and bake an additional 50 minutes.
- Serve plain or with ice cream.