1/2 Photos of Grasshopper's Tofu Special
A very special friend and I combined our tastes to come up with this one. About the only ingredient we had strong differing tastes about is the brand of soy sauce. He preferred the Aloha brand because it was less salty and I preferred the low sodium Kikkoman brand because it wasn’t as sweet. I don't normally go through all this trouble preparing tofu but for this dish ... all I can say is that it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) package tofu, cut in 1-inch cubes (soft or medium firm)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon soy sauce, to taste
- 1 (3 g) package shaved bonito flakes (comes in 5-3gm packs in a bag.)
- 3 -5 stalks green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1Place tofu in dish. Set aside.
- 2In a small pan, bring the sesame oil, sesame seed, soy sauce, and garlic to a slow simmer for about 1-2 minutes.
- 3Drain the water (tofu juices) from the dish.
- 4Top with green onion, shaved bonito, and ginger.
- 5Drizzle heated sauce over.
- 6Enjoy :D.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper's Tofu Special
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 374.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: