Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These yummy chocolate mint squares hit the spot. They freeze well so that you can have one--AGAIN--weeks down the road when the craving hits you--AGAIN!!! Cook time includes time refrigerating.
- 2 1⁄3 cups dark chocolate wafer cookies, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into tiny bits
- milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Pat evenly into an ungreased 9x13in pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool.
- Beat all filling ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over crust and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- Place chocolate chips and butter, for topping, in a microwave safe bowl and heat on med-high heat until melted.
- Stir well.
- Add milk if needed to help thin mixture.
- Spread topping over filling.
- Refrigerate for about two hours or until firm.