Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These yummy chocolate mint squares hit the spot. They freeze well so that you can have one--AGAIN--weeks down the road when the craving hits you--AGAIN!!! Cook time includes time refrigerating.
- 2 1⁄3 cups dark chocolate wafer cookies, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into tiny bits
- milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients and blend until mixed.
- Pat evenly into an ungreased 9x13in pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool.
- Beat all filling ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over crust and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- Place chocolate chips and butter, for topping, in a microwave safe bowl and heat on med-high heat until melted.
- Stir well.
- Add milk if needed to help thin mixture.
- Spread topping over filling.
- Refrigerate for about two hours or until firm.
Made this for my husband to bring to work for his birthday treat, and he said that her loved it. The only complaint that he had was that the crust layer crumbles too easily, but he really didn't car because he said it tasted so good. this was really easy to make and smelled wonderful. thanks for a wonderful recipe.
YUM! These were easy to make and turned out perfect! But I did use an 8x8in pan instead of the larger size to make them thicker.