3 hrs 10 mins
Evan's Mommy's Note:
These yummy chocolate mint squares hit the spot. They freeze well so that you can have one--AGAIN--weeks down the road when the craving hits you--AGAIN!!! Cook time includes time refrigerating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups dark chocolate wafer cookies, smashed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 drops green food coloring
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients and blend until mixed.
- 3Pat evenly into an ungreased 9x13in pan.
- 4Bake for 8-10 minutes or until firm.
- 5Let cool.
- 6Beat all filling ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- 7Spread over crust and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour.
- 8Place chocolate chips and butter, for topping, in a microwave safe bowl and heat on med-high heat until melted.
- 9Stir well.
- 10Add milk if needed to help thin mixture.
- 11Spread topping over filling.
- 12Refrigerate for about two hours or until firm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g