Recipe by mliss29
This came in a little booklet with the Feb/March 2009 Taste of Home. It is really good! "Cooking time" is chilling time.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
An easy & minty pudding pie. I left out the food coloring and instead sprinkled on a little green decorator sugar before adding the chopped candy. This doesn't keep for a long time in the fridge because, after all, it is pudding & thawed whipped topping. The next time I will make this, not as a pie, but more like a trifle with layers of the chopped candies and chocolate crumbs.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, cold
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package Andes mints candies, chopped, divided
- 1 chocolate crumb crust, 9 inches
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk mik and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chopped candies.
- Spoon into crust.
- In another bowl, combine mint extract and the remaninng whipped topping, and add food coloring if desired.
- Spread over the pudding layer and sprinkle with the remaining candies.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.