This is a recipe from my husband's mother. It doesn't take long to make and is a tasty treat around the holidays. We always have it at St. Patricks Day. You can also use about 300 ml whipping cream, whipped, in place of the Dream Whip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the crust, crush chocolate wafers and mix with melted butter.
- 2Press into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- 3An alternative is to just take the whole wafers and line the pie plate with them, breaking them in half where necessary to fill in the gaps.
- 4Then melt the marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, over a low heat.
- 5Once melted, add creme de menthe and creme de cacao.
- 6Prepare one envelope of Dream Whip, fold into marshmallow mixture, put into crust and chill.
- 7To decorate, break a chocolate wafer in half and rub the two edges together over the pie to make a nice sprinkling of chocolate crumbs.
- 8This is a fun dessert around Saint Paddy's day, but if you want to make it for Christmas, substitute crushed candy canes, melted into the milk, for the creme de menthe.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper Pie
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 118.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: