Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from my husband's mother. It doesn't take long to make and is a tasty treat around the holidays. We always have it at St. Patricks Day. You can also use about 300 ml whipping cream, whipped, in place of the Dream Whip.
- To make the crust, crush chocolate wafers and mix with melted butter.
- Press into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- An alternative is to just take the whole wafers and line the pie plate with them, breaking them in half where necessary to fill in the gaps.
- Then melt the marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, over a low heat.
- Once melted, add creme de menthe and creme de cacao.
- Prepare one envelope of Dream Whip, fold into marshmallow mixture, put into crust and chill.
- To decorate, break a chocolate wafer in half and rub the two edges together over the pie to make a nice sprinkling of chocolate crumbs.
- This is a fun dessert around Saint Paddy's day, but if you want to make it for Christmas, substitute crushed candy canes, melted into the milk, for the creme de menthe.
I have made this recipe for years. It is delicious. I only use whipped cream instead of Dream Whip.