Recipe by Pegeleh
Quick and easy ice cream pie. Super easy to prepare. Good for taking to pot luck's.
Top Review by FLYing4Me
This was so easy and tasted great! Tha kids absolutely loved it! We decided not to put on the fudge sauce, but cut the pie and drizzled it with hot fudge, added whip cream and sprinkled on the nuts! Thanks Pegeleh!
- 1 (8 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- 1 pint premium mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 cup fudge sauce, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered or chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Make chocolate cookie crumb crust or purchase pre-made crust.
- Soften the ice cream to 'soft-serve' consistency. I use a microwave at apx 30% power for a minute. Then put into a bowl and stir until soft enough.
- Spread softened ice cream into pie crust.
- Place in freezer until solidified again, (apx 1 hr).
- Remove from freezer and spread fudge sauce on top of pie.
- Sprinkle slivered or chopped almonds over the top.
- Put back into freezer until ready to serve.
- Serving tip: Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving. Use sharp knife that has been dipped in warm water to cut slices.