Prep 45 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This pie has a minty flavor and a wonderful Oreo crust. You are sure to love it.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon Creme de Cacao
- Step One THE PIE CRUST.
- Pour the 2 cups of Oreo crumbs into an ungreased pie pan. Then, add 1/2 cup of melted butter. Mix these together with your hands and then shape it to the shape of the pan. Do not forget to do the sides! Also, do not make to thick.
- Put in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Step Two THE PIE.
- First, boil milk on the stove. While it is boiling, whip the whipping cream. BE GENTLE! Then, go back over to the milk. Once it is at a boil, turn the heat down a little. Then, start adding the marshmallows. Only add about 4-5 at a time and do not add more until those are completely melted.
- Once you have added all the marshmallows (24), turn the stove off and let cool. Once it is cool, add the whipping cream. Remember to be gentle when adding it. Once this is all done, add the creme de menthe and creme de cacao.
- Step Three FINISHING OFF.
- Now, take the crust out of the fridge and pour in the filling. Now, put this in the FREEZER for at least 4 hours, *it is best with 6 hours or more. Then your pie is ready to serve!
I have made this recipe many times. It is delicious.