Recipe by Julie B's Hive
A great little dessert for one of your "dinner at eight" parties.
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
A pretty dessert to serve guests! DH and I love creme dementhe and have it often. I used crushed chocolate teddy grahams for the wafer crumbs. A delicious and refreshing parfait! Easy preparation. Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #34 Event November 2009.
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons white Creme de Cacao
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (which I prefer) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- In each of 4 parfait glasses, alternate layers of ice cream, about 2 tsps each crème de cacao, crème de menthe, and the wafer crumbs. (or you can stir the liqueurs into the softened ice cream).
- Top each with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Place in freezer until serving time.