Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When you've got a craving for mint ice cream this shake is awesome. From Sunset magazine. We make it without the creme de menthe for the kids and they love it. But the adult version is oh so delicious.
- 2 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 Oreo cookies (crushed)
- In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, and crème de menthe.
- Whirl until smooth and pour into two chilled glasses.
- Garnish with cookie pieces.
Made as written with the addition of some chopped up chocolate so it would be like chocolate chip/Oreo cookie shake. Was a great dessert! Made for Fall 2012 PAC.
So good and refreshing. I didn't all the creme de menthe cuz I was making for my kids but they loved these. I liked the look of them with the crumbled oreos on top. I served them in "fancy" glasses and put a straw in they loved it. thank you for sharing this delicious recipe.
It was very delish. Not sure why it put that I put 2 stars. I give it 5! Thanks!