1/2 Photos of Grasshopper Hot Chocolate
My two favorite flavors come together to create a special warm beverage to delight your taste buds -- Chocolate and Mint! From the January, 1992 edition of Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup half-and-half, scalded
- 2 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1/3 cup creme de menthe (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao (to taste)
- whipped cream
- shaved bittersweet chocolate
- 1In a heavy saucepan, combine the cocoa powder, sugar, water, vanilla, and a pinch of salt: heat the mixture over low heat, whisking, until the cocoa powder is dissolved and the mixture is a smooth paste.
- 2Gradually add the half-and-half and the milk, (both scalded), and simmer hot chocolate, whisking, for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in the crème de menthe and the crème de cacao.
- 4Note: (For a frothy result, in a blender blend the hot chocolate in batches.)
- 5Divide the chocolate among mugs and top it with the whipped cream and the chocolate.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 143.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 8.9 g