Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Splenda cookbooklet.
- 24 (2 1/2 inch) chocolate graham cracker squares, made into fine crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-calorie whipped topping (Cool Whip Lite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint extract
- 5 -6 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 9" X 9" pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and put the rest in a medium bowl along with 1/4 cup Splenda and all the margarine and combine.
- Gently press mixture into pan and bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool.
- In another large bowl, stir cream cheese with sturdy spoon until soft.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup Splenda.
- Add whipped topping, mint extract and food coloring.
- Mix gently to combine and carefully spread filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumbs evenly on top.
- Chill before serving.
This was a wonderful recipe. I thought that the pie would be better with half a package of unflavored gelatin and I also added a 1/2 tsp of vanilla. I mixed the gelatin into a couple of TBS of hot milk. I then mixed the pie ingredients in my food processor adding the cool whip last. The pie was very easy to cut after it chilled and was delicious.