Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Duncan Hines "It's a silly name for a serious dessert. Dark chocolate fudge cake is paired with a filling flavored with green crème de menthe and white crème de cacao."
- 1 (18 ounce) packageduncan hines moist deluxe dark fudge cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons white Creme de Cacao
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch pan.
- Remove 1/2 cup cake mix and spread into 8x8-inch ungreased baking pan. Toast in oven 7 minutes; cool.
- Combine remaining cake mix, egg and butter in large bowl.
- Mix until crumbs form.
- Press lightly into prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes; cool.
- Heat marshmallows and milk in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly until marshmallows melt.
- Refrigerate until thickened.
- Stir crème de menthe and crème de cacao into marshmallow mixture.
- In large bowl beat whipping cream until stiff.
- Fold in marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Dust top with cooled toasted cake mix.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares.