Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From *The World Encyclopedia of Coffee* -- Oh my, this sounds almost too good! Pls note *Cooks Tips* at end of the prep. *Enjoy* !
- 1⁄4 cup green creme de menthe
- 1⁄4 cup Tia Maria or 1⁄4 cup other coffee liqueur
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot & strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Divide the 2 liqueurs equally between 2 tall glasses & mix well.
- Fill ea glass equally w/the hot coffee & top w/whipped cream.
- COOKS TIP #1: The recipe suggested a garnish using the thin "after dinner style" choc mints cut diagonally & inserted into the whipped cream topping. The pic of same is visually stunning, but simple choc shavings will work equally well for me. :-).
- COOKS TIP #2: "Use coffee strong enough so as not to taste watery or be too diluted by the liqueurs, but weaker than espresso.".
Delicious cup of coffee. The crème de menthe added a lot of flavor and gave it a refreshing tone. I didn't taste the Kahlua very much, the crème de menthe was more prominent. That's not really a negative comment because it wasn't too much of the minty taste, just that that Kahlua wasn't a dominant flavor. Next time, I might try doubling the amount of Kahlua. I really enjoyed this recipe, twissis.
Great coffee. This was such a nice change of pace from regular chocolate coffee drinks. Mine looked a little 'green' but the taste was wonderful. Thanks twissis for such a nice treat. Congrats again on your football win!
This was wonderful coffee :) Loved the mint flavor and I used kahlua in mine. Thanks for another great recipe twissis! Made for ZAAR COOKBOOK TAG, March 2010!