Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Seasoned with Sun. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
Make and share this Grasshopper Chiffon Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1⁄3 cup Creme de Cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Combine first three ingredients and mix well.
- Press firmly over bottom and sides of 9" pan.
- Chill at least 1 hour or bake 8 minutes and chill before filling.
- Dissolve jello, 2 T sugar and salt in boiling water.
- Add cold water, liqueurs and vanilla.
- Chill until slightly thick.
- Beat egg white until foamy.
- Add remaining sugar gradually, continuing to beat until egg is stiff and glossy and meringue stands in shiny soft peaks.
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Measure 1/2 c jello mixture and set aside.
- Fold meringue and whipped cream into reaminin jello mixture and chill until thick.
- Spoon into crust.
- Drizzle reserved clear jello over top of pie.
- Pull spoon through filling in zig-zag to marble.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.