Recipe Junkie's Note:
From Seasoned with Sun. Preparation time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups crushed chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup green creme de menthe
- 1/3 cup Creme de Cacao
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1Combine first three ingredients and mix well.
- 2Press firmly over bottom and sides of 9" pan.
- 3Chill at least 1 hour or bake 8 minutes and chill before filling.
- 4Dissolve jello, 2 T sugar and salt in boiling water.
- 5Add cold water, liqueurs and vanilla.
- 6Chill until slightly thick.
- 7Beat egg white until foamy.
- 8Add remaining sugar gradually, continuing to beat until egg is stiff and glossy and meringue stands in shiny soft peaks.
- 9Whip cream until stiff.
- 10Measure 1/2 c jello mixture and set aside.
- 11Fold meringue and whipped cream into reaminin jello mixture and chill until thick.
- 12Spoon into crust.
- 13Drizzle reserved clear jello over top of pie.
- 14Pull spoon through filling in zig-zag to marble.
- 15Chill until firm.
- 16Garnish with chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper Chiffon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.8
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 305.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g