Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love cheesecake, and I love grasshopper pie. Imagine my sheer joy when I discovered this! Tasty stuff!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 3 tablespoons Creme de Cacao
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated to garnish the top of the cake
- CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUMB CRUST: Combine chocolate cookie crumbs with melted butter and cinnamon.
- Toss and mix well.
- Press into the bottom and partially up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- CHEESE FILLING: Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until light and soft.
- Add 3/4 cup of the sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the creme de menthe, creme de cacao, flour and salt.
- Beat until the mixture is blended well.
- Add the egg yolks and sour cream, and beat until the batter is smooth and blended.
- In a different bowl, combine the egg whites and 1/4 cup remaining sugar and beat until the whites stand in soft peaks.
- Fold the beaten whites into the cream-cheese mixture.
- Pour the batter into the crust and bake for about 1 hour, or until the cake has puffed and trembles just slightly when shaken.
- A wooden skewer inserted in the cake should come out almost clean, with just a trace of batter or moist crumbs on it.
- Don't overbake; it will settle and firm somewhat as it cools.
- Don't worry if the cake cracks as it bakes.
- Remove and cool.
- Refrigerate if standing more than 4 hours.
- Garnish the top with grated chocolate.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe! I uploaded a few pics. I did make a few changes. First off, I mixed in a several pieces of Andes Mint candies into the crust to give it a slightly minty flavor. Secondly, I used low fat cream cheese and sour cream, which did not seem to affect the texture of the cake. The result was nice and fluffy. Third, I coarsely chopped more Andes Mints and folded them into the batter before adding it to the crust. I was hoping the pieces would remain suspended once the cheesecake had been cooked, but they all sunk to the top of the crust and melted. And lastly, I made a sour cream topping by combining 1 cup non fat sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 3 tbsp creme de menthe. I topped it with several pieces of grated Andes Mint candies. I used a piece of paper to make the clover design. Thanks!
Very nice fluffy cheesecake. I used a larger springform so I used 2 rounded cups of cookie crumbs (mint oreos) and a bit of extra butter, and the same amount of everything else, so the cake was a little "shorter." I did use only half the sugar, and substituted a tablespoon of Stevia powder for the rest. Made this for Thanksgiving for my husband.