Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
In 'Cheesecake Extraordinaire'
- 11 chocolate mint sandwich cookies or 11 chocolate cream sandwich cookies, crushed
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
Creme de Menthe Filling
- 680.38 g cream cheese
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 24.64 ml cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 158.51 ml green creme de menthe
- 6.16 ml vanilla extract
- 3 chocolate mint sandwich cookies, coarsely crushed
- 118.29 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14.79 ml shortening
- shaved white chocolate
- The crust--in a small bowl, stir the crushed cookies and melted butter together until well combined.
- Press crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- The filling--In a big bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in creme de menthe and vanilla; stir in crushed cookies.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes; decrease temperature to 200° and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan; chill, uncovered, overnight.
- The glaze--in a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread warm chocolate mixture over cheesecake; garnish with shaved white chocolate; chill until serving time.