Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This is a very easy, yet very showy and tasty dessert. Its color makes it especially appropriate for the Christmas season. Actually, however, you could substitute any liqueur in this recipe -- amaretto, creme de cacao, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1 1/3 cups minus 4 tablespoons water (or as package directions specify)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or as package directions specify)
- 3 large egg whites (or as package directions specify)
- 6 tablespoons green creme de menthe (divided)
- 1 (11 ounce) jar hot fudge
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides and bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking pan. Flour lightly.
- 2Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions, blending together the dry mix, the water, oil, egg whites and 4 tablespoons of the creme de menthe. Use however much water the package directions specify but remove 4 tablespoons to make way for the creme de menthe.
- 3Bake in a greased 9-x-13-inch baking pan as directed. Allow cake to cool.
- 4When cool, spread fudge sauce over the top. (It may help to warm the fudge sauce just slightly.).
- 5Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in remaining 2 tablespoons creme de menthe. Frost over fudge layer. Refrigerate until ready to serve. You may enjoy heightening the Christmas look by decorating with drained red maraschino cherries or other red decoration.
- 6Note: You may substitute an 8-ounce carton of Cool Whip, thawed, for the whipped cream, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grasshopper Cake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.3
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 534.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g