Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are very popular in our neighborhood. I have one neighbor that sat in my living room dissecting this brownie to figure out what was in it. They are perfect during the holiday season, but watch out! They are one gooey brownie I use Grandma's Chocolate Fudge Frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ghirardelli mint chip
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Mix flour and sugar in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Boil margarine, water, and cocoa. Pour over flour mix.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, soda, and vanilla.
- Beat and pour into greased 9 by 13. Bake at 350° until center is done (approx 30-35 min). Cool.
- While cooling melt the mint chips with the sweetened condensed milk in a small sauce pan. (If you like a lot of mint flavor, add 1 t creme de menthe extract to this).
- Spread over brownies, let cool (you might want to put this in the fridge to make it faster) and then spread with favorite fudge frosting.
- Store in air tight container.
- You might need to refrigerate them because it helps control the gooey!.