Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good way to disguise tart grapes
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups tart seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Bring cream, salt and sugar to a boil and boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Place grapes into four serving dishes.
- Pour over sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
A hit..we had this 2 evenings in a row to devour the tart green grapes our neighbour gave us and wouldn't have eaten otherwise...I used whipping cream for the heavy cream and the sauce is just great..be sure to have lots of the toasted slivered almonds on hand because the flavours all meld together deliciously! Thanks!