Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite dessert, I love it, love it, love it! So simple, so good! We were first served this at a restaurant and I just had to make my own. I suppose you could use pre-made whipped topping, but I like to make my own.
Almond Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups grapes
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Whip cream in a chilled bowl* until it begins to hold its shape.
- Add confectioners sugar and almond extract and beat until slightly stiff.
- *For best results make sure the bowl, heavy cream, and metal beaters are cold; try putting them all in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the grapes and almonds until well mixed.
- More or less grapes can be added depending on your own preferences.
So easy to make & the whipped cream was terrific. I may use it on other things too. The grapes I purchased were a tad on the tart side. Next time I will try to find a sweeter grape. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
WOW! This was super simple and sooo good! The whipped cream was absolutely delicious. At first I wasn't going to add the slivered almonds because I didn't think I would like the crunch texture in the mix, but I'm glad I did- they really add something to it. Excellent! thanks for sharing.
A simple to make and really delicious recipe that is easy enough to whip up for an evening meal and would be great to serve to guests as a flavoursome finale to any meal. It really is testimony to the less is more principle. I halved the sugar (personal taste preference) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly, including the great tip in step three. I used green seedless grapes. We enjoyed this on a hot evening when it was very refreshing. Everyone loved it so I’ll be making it again throughout the summer. Thanks for sharing this gem of a recipe, Susan!