Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from Body & Soul Magazine. My Mom made it for me when I wasn't feeling well. At first sip, I didn't care for it, but by the end of the glass I loved it! Others who have tried it have said the same, at first you wonder; but then it's great. The article said that red/pink grapefruits are high in lycopene and vitamins A and C. They also offer potassium and folate.
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 grapefruits)
- 2 tablespoons honey (may add more to taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice berry
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In an medium pot, combine juice, honey cinnamon, allspice and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; strain and discard solids.
- Note - When I strained it, I tried to get as much as pulp pushed through the strainer as possible.
delicious! I squeezed a honeybell tangelo with it too!
This is nice. Made it twice, once with sugar and once with Splenda. Both were about the same, so I will stick with Splenda. Thank you for posting this recipe
Thanks for posting this recipe! I enjoy grapefruit, & I can say for certain that you have a nice tasting drink here! Did make it twice, & the 2nd time around I added a cup of LIGHTLY brewed green tea, just enough to get the tea taste, & that, too, was good! [Made & reviewed for one of my invitees to the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]