My hubby is a Grapefruit fan and requested this version of syrup to replicate one of his favorite name brand sodas. This is a non-diet version, but still not overly sweet.
My Private Note
- 1Slice Grapefruit into 1/4 inch rounds. (Discard ends and any slices that have too much pith.).
- 2Place all ingredients in a saute pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Boil gently for 5 minutes, stirring intermittently. (I used a fork to make sure the fruit slices were stirred around evenly and changed them up from top to bottom a bit to ensure all were cooked into the mix thoroughly.).
- 4Remove from heat and remove grapefruit slices, squeezing gently to get out most of the juice.
- 5Mix 1/2 Cup of the syrup with 1 Liter of carbonated water.
- 6Store remaining syrup in bottle or airtight container.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Syrup for SodaStream
Serving Size: 1 (1110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 133.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g