1/1 Photo of Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Packed full of good-for-you stuff, a wonderful blend of tastes and textures with a low-fat, tart dressing. **Note: If you currently take cholesterol-lowering medication (statins) such as Lipitor, discuss grapefruit consumption with your doctor! (Studies show that an enzyme in grapefruit interacts with statins, causing an increased & potentially harmful blood level of medication.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh spinach leaves
- 3 large grapefruits, peeled and sectiond
- 3 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1Wash spinach, break into bite size pieces & arrange in a salad bowl. Top with grapefruit & orange sections and water chestnuts.
- 2Mix dressing ingredients together until well blended & pour over salad and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3To serve, garnish with mushrooms and bacon.
- 4** Cooks note: - this dressing is tart. Add sugar or Splenda, to taste, if you prefer it sweet.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g