Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Jim "thecooktwo" Davis at CooksTalk Classic
- Could also use 4 Large grapefruit -- Marsh Ruby or Indian River. Champagne may be stale or bubbly.
- Finely grate the zest of one of the grapefruits into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Juice all of the grapefruit, strain the juice into a bowl along with the zest. Use a spatula to push as much of the juice as possible through the seive.
- Pour one cup of the strained juice into a saucepan, add the sugar and heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- Blend the sugar mixture with the remaining juice, add the champagne and zest and chill thoroughly.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker following the manufacturers directions.
- Serve with perfected sections of grapefruit and/or a little of a bubbly champagne.