Recipe by evelyn/athens
Refreshingly different, not too sweet.
Top Review by BarbryT
I love these. Truly refreshing and just delicious! I used freshly squeezed juices and mint from my herb garden. I don't see how they could be improved upon. Well, maybe mojito ice cubes next time. :-) Thanks for posting!
- 4 mint sprigs
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- 3 ounces light rum, to taste
- chilled club soda or seltzer water
- Angostura bitters, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cocktail shaker with the back of a spoon, crush mint sprigs with sugar and juices until sugar is dissolved; add rum and about 1 cup ice cubes and shake 30 seconds; strain mixture into 2 tall glasses filled with ice cubes and top each drink with club soda and a splash of bitters.