Recipe by LeahG
I saw this on the food network,it was from a festival in FL. I haven't made it but it looks great and all the judges raved about it.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
I used sugarfree strawberry jello and Splenda instead of sugar. The result was SOOO sweet we can hardly eat it. I did not put it into a crust. I will make this again using real sugar, but still sugar free jello. I know it will be great. I would advise however to cut the grapefruit into small bite size pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 2 large red grapefruits, sectioned
- 1 prebaked pie shell
- whipped cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch, add water and cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
- Add strawberry gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Let cool, and add grapefruit sections.
- Pour mixture into baked pie shell and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.