Recipe by Baker Flo
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe a while back. I don't know where she got it from, but it is a delicious and very sweet dessert. It is one of our favorites in our home around the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. We have some very good friends that have several acres of grapefruit, and they are always giving us grapefruits. We always share our pies with them. Keep in mind that the preparation and cooking time will vary.
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert or 1 (3 ounce) package fat free sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 -4 grapefruits (sectioned and drained)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (need to bake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first four ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture is clear.
- Add 1 package of Strawberry Jello and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add grapefruit sections to mixture and stir.
- Pour onto 9" baked pie shell.
- Put in refrigerator until jello is set.
- Serve with a dollop of cool whip.