Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and soothing drink, great on a hectic (or lazy) afternoon. Adapted from Holistic Living.
- 1 -2 fresh bartlett pear, peeled, cored and diced (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) can unsweetened grapefruit juice (3/4 cup)
- 2 -4 tablespoons honey (to taste)
- 1 cup ice cube, cracked
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth and desired consistency.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
this was very good. the pears at the supermarket looked great, but had the consistency and taste of wood, so i substituted pear nectar instead of the fresh pear and did not use the honey. it was very refreshing and dh and i enjoyed it a lot.
This was good, I really though more sweetness would have come through but it was very tangy yet very refreshing. My 1 pear didn`t come to 1 1/2 cups it was more like 1/2. Honey is a nice addition.
Very easy to make & pleasant to drink. I didn't have fresh pears so used canned. The pear helps reduce the tartness of the grapefruit. I even diluted this a little & gave my 20 mth old daughter a try, she was most impressed, thanks! Made for ZWT III