Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Taste of Home Cooking Show notes - created by TOH Test Kitchens. Tangy and the flavors really come through. Allow at least 2 hours for sauce to cool before serving.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained (each can 11 oz)
- 2 medium grapefruits, peeled & sectioned
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch then whisk in soda until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and cook while stirring for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, grapefruit and grapes.
- Add the sauce and stir until fruit is coated.
Sorry to say that this didn't work out for me, but I know it did for another reviewer, so not sure what I did wrong and not giving it a rating. I was making this for my breakfast so I made 1/2 of the recipe using 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tbsp cornstarch and 1/4 cup Sprite Zero. I then brought it to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. I put it in the fridge and left it for two hours. When I went to pour the sauce over the fruit nothing came out as it was so thick and gloppy. I am thinking this needs a lot more liquid for it to remain as a sauce. I did enjoy the fruit on its own. Thanks for posting the recipe Mel and sorry it didn't turn out for me. Made for PRMR.
Delicious -- I loved this fruit salad! I used splenda and diet soda but otherwise followed as directed. Will be making again soon!