Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I haven't tried this one yet. I found it in one of my multitude of cookbooks while just browsing. It sounds like it would be really refreshing for a summer side dish or light dessert.
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3⁄4-1 cup orange juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Drain grapefruit and orange sections, reserving juice.
- Add enough orange juice to reserved fruit juices to make one cup.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water;add juice mixture.
- Chill until mixture is the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold fruit sections and pecans into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into 9 inch square dish; chill until firm; cut into squares to serve.