Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad full of contrasts. The two refreshing citrus fruits, one sweet and the other bittersweet go beautifully with the creamy textured dressing. This is absolutely beautiful in presentation for guests
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 ounce watercress
- 5 fluid ounces unsweetened yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Cut the peel and pith from the fruit, halve lengthwise and cut each half into four crosswise slices Alternate 4 slices of each fruit on each plate and add watercress either side Beat together the yogurt and tahini and spoon over the fruit.
- Scatter the sesame seeds on top.
I tweaked this a bit. Being rather lazy I simple cut up the grapefruit and oranges into bite size pieces. I also used peanut butter instead of tahini (I find tahini rather tasteless) and I sweetented the yogurt with a bit of honey. I thought it was terrific. Thanks Tish.
Very different and interesting salad. I used lettuce instead of watercress and probably a little less seame seeds than called for but otherwise followed the recipe as written. I thought next time it would be nice to add some additional fruits to add a different dimension to this salad which is a great addition to any meal. Thanks for sharing!