Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Giada DeLaurentiis, this is a light salad that is so delish, I had to make it as soon as I saw it, goes together in a snap too.
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place grapefruit slices on a platter, overlapping the edges.
- Top with onion and olives.
- Sprinkle with basil and chives.
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar.
Wonderful, light and tasty. Very much like an avocado grapefruit salad my Aunt Bernice used to make. I added avocado to this one. Made.it even beet.
What a great, refreshing, simple salad idea. Love that it's vegan too.
Tasty, appearance is improve by sectioning rather than slicing the grapefruit.