Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Every Day with Racael Ray Magazine
- 1 grapefruit, juice and zest of, four 4-inch strips peel
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, 2 peel strips and the sugar to a boil, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is reduced by half, 8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then whisk in half of the hot grapefruit syrup, pouring in a slow, steady stream. Whisk the yolks into the remaining grapefruit syrup and cook, whisking, over low heat just until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Immediately strain into a small bowl set in a larger bowl of ice water and let cool. Discard the peel strips.
- In a medium bowl, stir the marshmallow cream until smooth, then fold into the grapefruit mixture.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream and honey on high speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the grapefruit-marshmallow mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into dessert cups and refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut the remaining 2 peel strips into slivers and sprinkle on the mousse before serving.