Recipe by Sackville
This is a lovely cooling desert, particularly nice in summer or after a spicy supper such as curry.
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest the grapefruit and drop the zest into a stainless steel saucepan, add the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Stir the whole time to dissolve the sugar, and once it is completely dissolved remove from the heat and cool.
- Leave until completely cold.
- Pull out the strips of zest and then pour the grapefruit juice and lemon into the syrup.
- Chop the mint leaves finely and stir them in.
- Pour into a tupperware container, cover and freeze for an hour.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer, use a spoon to stir the frozen edges into the center and then return to the freezer for another hour.
- Continue freezing and beating until the mixture is completely frozen.
- This should take about three hours.