Top Review by Linda FromSonoma
A friend made this recipe for me last night and it was delicious. It has an intriguing mix of flavors, but is not at all heavy. A great summer entree. And for the Weight Watchers out there, a serving is only 4 pts! Give it a try.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 4 turkey breast
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat half the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sear until well browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil to skillet.
- Add shallots and crushed red pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, grapefruit juice, half of the mint and the flour.
- Add to skillet.
- Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Return chicken and juices to skillet; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a warmed platter.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper and spoon over chicken.
- Garnish with the remaining mint.