Recipe by mielhollinger
This recipe is from Martha Stuart's Menus for Entertaining. She says, Be sure the grapefruits are fresh and the tequila is of the higest quality. The recipe is made in three batches.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
For me this was a great balance and quite refreshing. It's not a strong drink in either flavor or kick, but that's just right for me. I like the bit of sweetness from the grapefruit juice and I sugared my rim rather than salted which helped round out that sweet twist. I also used Lime Jose Cuervo in mine because I just don't like regular tequila much. These go down very smooth indeed!
- chipped ice
- 4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 cups tequila
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup sugar
- coarse salt
- 1 lime, sliced,for garnish
- mint sprig, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a blender with chipped ice.
- Add one third of the grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and sugar.
- Blend at top speed until frothy.
- Pour into 3 or 4 chilled or salt rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime slice and sprig of mint.
- Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients.