Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stuart's Menus for Entertaining. She says, Be sure the grapefruits are fresh and the tequila is of the higest quality. The recipe is made in three batches.
- Fill a blender with chipped ice.
- Add one third of the grapefruit juice, lime juice, tequila, Grand Marnier, and sugar.
- Blend at top speed until frothy.
- Pour into 3 or 4 chilled or salt rimmed glasses and garnish with a lime slice and sprig of mint.
- Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients.
For me this was a great balance and quite refreshing. It's not a strong drink in either flavor or kick, but that's just right for me. I like the bit of sweetness from the grapefruit juice and I sugared my rim rather than salted which helped round out that sweet twist. I also used Lime Jose Cuervo in mine because I just don't like regular tequila much. These go down very smooth indeed!
Quite tasty! Good combo of sweet/tart with a kick. Thanks.
This was a nice change from the usual margaritas. I liked it a bit better than my dh (Between the 2 of us, it is about 4 1/4 stars). I get a box of grapefruits every year & its always such fun finding new things to do with them. I will keep this one handy. Thank you so much for sharing!