Recipe by carmenskitchen
I always make my cocktails with fresh pressed juice. I cannot afford any extra empty calories from store bought mixers, who can!! I have a commercial grade juicer so you may need to add extra juice if your hand squeezing since my juicer produces a lot of juice! I've had the grapefruit margarita at The Daily Grill on several occasions. Here is my martini version, enjoy!
- 1⁄2 large grapefruit, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon superfine sugar, plus more for rimming glass
- 1 1⁄2 ounces of silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange-flavored liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Place superfine sugar, grapefruit and lime juice in cocktail shaker and swirl until sugar mostly dissolves. Pour in tequila, liqueur and at least 4-6 cubes of ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain in sugar rimmed martini glass and garnish with lime wedge or grapefruit section.