Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite flavor next to the original lime. Make on the rocks or frozen. The mix of coarse salt and sugar on the rim is the best.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 2 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice, about 2 limes
- 6 ounces fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice, pink grapefruit is pretty
- simple syrup, to taste
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse sugar crystals
- grapefruit, wedges for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Mix tequila, orange liqueur, lime, and grapefruit juices well. If you think you need a little more sweetness, add a splash of simple syrup.
- Combine the coarse salt and sugar in a shallow bowl and mix together well.
- Rub one of the used lime or grapefruit rinds around the rim of two glasses and dip in cocktail salt/sugar mixture.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in the margarita OR place the ice in a blender and mix the margarita mixture together to make a frozen margarita.
- Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with grapefruit and lime wedges.
My new favorite margarita!
Thanks Parsley for a yummy margarita. It's so yummy. I used a sweet rim for it cause we don't like it salty. Made for Bargain Basement tag game