Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy of the LA Times
- lime wedge
- 2 teaspoons salt (coarse)
- 14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 5 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 4 slices grapefruits
- Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.
- Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
- Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit. Repeat to make two more cocktails.