- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (3-inch piece)
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1 cup water, sugar, and ginger in a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until boiling.
- Stir until sugar dissolves; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Remove and discard ginger from syrup.
- Stir together syrup and juices.
- Fill 6 double old-fashioned glasses with crushed ice.
- Add 1/2 cup juice mixture and 1/3 Celsius bourbon to each glass; stir.
- Serve immediately.