1/1 Photo of Grapefruit Cupcakes With Chai Icing
I haven't tried this healthy (for a cupcake) recipe yet but I thought it sounded like an intriguing combination. It's from Chef Jennifer Iserloh, the "Skinny Chef". Apparently, the grapefruit lends a tender and moist texture but not a strong grapefruit flavour. Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat margarine, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup 100% pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon pink grapefruit zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar with an electric mixer.
- 2Beat in egg. Combine lemon extract, juice, zest, and buttermilk in a small bowl. Add half the buttermilk mixture and beat on low speed. Add half the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Repeat with remaining buttermilk and flour mixture. Divide batter evenly into the prepared cups.
- 3Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cupcakes spring back when the tops are pressed or until a toothpick tester comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4In a medium bowl, beat ingredients for icing until smooth. Once the cupcakes are cool, use a small spatula or butter knife to ice them. Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Cupcakes With Chai Icing
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 301.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: