Grapefruit Cranberry Sauce
- Combine juices, sugar and allspice in pot over medium heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon zest and cranberries.
- Simmer till cranberries pop. (sometimes the harder berries don't want to pop so I'll give them a helping hand with side of wooden spoon just before I'm ready to take off stove.).
- Stir frequently so sugars don't scald and burn in bottom of pot.
- When all the berries are popped and sauce is nice and thick remove from heat and cool.
- Refrigerate in nonreactive sealed container when cool.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- If you are canning them you need to keep them hot during the canning process. Refer to any canning cookbook for proper canning techniques.