Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from weight watchers simply delicious 4 points per serving
- 2 grapefruits
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon butter
- peel and section the grapefruits, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- set sections and juice aside heat a skillet and spray with non-stick coating.
- sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the salt and thyme.
- saute until browned and cooked through.
- remove to a platter.
- add the 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, jelly and butter to the pan, bring to a boil.
- cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 min.
- spoon the sauce and sections over the chicken.
The chicken was good and went well with the sauce. I substituted apple butter for apple jelly, and the sauce turned out very tart. I think next time I'll try it with the jelly. The sugar in the jelly might neutralize the tartness of the grapefruit.
This is an unusual, but very nice, way to prepare chicken. My dh was initially skeptical about the combination, but all of us enjoyed the meal. I used chicken tenderloins & must admit to not measuring the salt & thyme, just sprinkling it over the chicken in the frying pan. I found that one grapefruit was all that we needed, though I came up a bit short on juice.