1/2 Photos of Grapefruit Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A ridiculously easy dish! If you want to complicate things a bit more you can brine the bird afore hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Remove neck and the rest of the organ"prize package" from the inside of the bird.
- 3Discard or save for a later use (like stock).
- 4Rinse bird.
- 5Pat dry.
- 6Rub olive oil all over bird.
- 7Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Place onion slices in a roasting pan and place bird on slices.
- 9Cut grapefruit in half.
- 10Squeeze one half over bird.
- 11Place used half of grapefruit in the cavity of the bird and tie legs together.
- 12You can also fold the bird's wings back at this point if you want to.
- 13Cook bird for about an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half or until leg joint is loose and juices run clear.
- 14While bird is cooking use the other half of the grapefruit to"baste" the chicken.
- 15If the chicken begins to get too dark (this can happen because of all the natural sugar in the grapefruit) cover loosely with foil.
- 16When finished cooking.
- 17Let it sit and rest for five minutes.
- 18Then carve away!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.5
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 339.3 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 60.3 g