Cook1 hr 30 mins
A ridiculously easy dish! If you want to complicate things a bit more you can brine the bird afore hand.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Remove neck and the rest of the organ"prize package" from the inside of the bird.
- Discard or save for a later use (like stock).
- Rinse bird.
- Pat dry.
- Rub olive oil all over bird.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place onion slices in a roasting pan and place bird on slices.
- Cut grapefruit in half.
- Squeeze one half over bird.
- Place used half of grapefruit in the cavity of the bird and tie legs together.
- You can also fold the bird's wings back at this point if you want to.
- Cook bird for about an hour and 15 minutes to an hour and a half or until leg joint is loose and juices run clear.
- While bird is cooking use the other half of the grapefruit to"baste" the chicken.
- If the chicken begins to get too dark (this can happen because of all the natural sugar in the grapefruit) cover loosely with foil.
- When finished cooking.
- Let it sit and rest for five minutes.
- Then carve away!